The big machines arrived this week to install the 34 helical steel screw piles which will support the new building.
A number of obstacles such as substantial brick beds and walls have been found and overcome.
The roof trusses have been removed to allow for more unstable sections of the western wall to be demolished. Demolition is now complete.
Metal supports have been installed to protect the eastern wall which is now free-standing.
The electrical kiosk is finished
An original Pease and Partners brick was found during excavation work. The company, which owned the mine from 1865 to 1947, had its own brickworks.
Official handover of the building
Finishing touches added ready for handover
Staircase completed, exhibition room painted
We have windows!