Monday 10am – 4pmTuesday 10am – 4pmWednesday 10am – 4pmThursday ClosedFriday 10am – 4pmSaturday 10am – 4pmSunday Closed
Last entry at 3pm
- Adult (16-59) £10.00
- Concessions £7.50 (over 60s, students - proof required)
- Children (Aged 3-15) £5.00
- Children (Under 3) Free
- Local resident discount 20% off (Redcar & Cleveland residents - proof required, e.g. utility bill, council tax, driving licence)
- Family (1 Adult, 2 Children) £17.00
- Family (1 Adult, 3 Children) £21.00
- Family (2 Adults, 2 Children) £25.00
- Family (2 Adults, 3 Children) £29.00
- Children £4.00
- Teaching Staff Free
Individual and Family tickets are valid for unlimited return visits for 12 months from the date of your visit. Specific event days which incur additional charges are excluded.
Valid forms of ID include:
- for Students: NUS cards or proof of age for school and sixth form students
- for Local residents: proof of residency in Redcar & Cleveland such as a utility bill, council tax, or driving licence
Book your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment!
If you need to cancel or amend your booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01287 642877
The nearest train station is in Saltburn-by-the-Sea, from Saltburn trains travel half-hourly to Darlington which connects to the East Coast Mainline. The Arriva X4 bus runs half-hourly between Saltburn and Loftus or Whitby. Disembark at the stop at the bottom of Loftus Bank.
Follow the brown signs to the museum. On the A174 between Loftus and Carlin How, turn into Skinningrove; turn right after the narrow bridge. The museum has ample free parking, disabled parking is up the slope to the rear.
The museum is situated in Skinningrove Valley, midway between the coast and the A174. Skinningrove lies on the Cleveland Way, a 110 mile long National Trail stretching from Helmsley in the North York Moors to Filey on the coast. Skinningrove is 6 miles from Saltburn by the Cleveland Way.
Running between Middlesbrough, Redcar, Saltburn, Brotton, Skinningrove Lane End, Loftus and Whitby, the Arriva X4 is half-hourly and stops on the A174, at the end of Mill Lane. Walk down Mill Lane, towards Skinningrove; turn right after the bridge.
Running between Middlesbrough, Nunthorpe, Guisborough, Skelton, Brotton, Skinningrove, Loftus and Easington, the Arriva 5 and X5 services run hourly and stop outside the Museum.